Sales Development Representative
Burlingame, CA, USA
Imply is behind a data platform that’s used at some of the largest companies in the world to answer complex questions from trillions of events and data points in less than a second. To power our platform, we build and maintain Apache Druid, an open-source real-time analytical database used at thousands of companies.
Our customers use Imply to answer questions from “What do tweens in North Carolina who listen to Justin Bieber like to buy“ to “What updates to our infrastructure have caused the CPU to spike when some customers from Europe hit our servers” to “Why are we seeing an increase in traffic going through our backbone from Japan as opposed to being routed internally?”
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Sales Development Representative to come aboard! Our SDRs generate leads and build customer pipelines. This is an early in career role with a dedicated growth path and the training to be a great technical sales professional. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology and people.
- Research heavily into accounts to maximize the value of outreach.
- Generate appointments by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market our solutions to potential customers.
- Work directly with marketing to discover opportunities from leads, and set appointments from those leads.
- Use of strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified appointments.
- Understand Imply’s technology enough to provide a high level introduction.
- Leverage taught sales techniques to maximize customer interactions.
- Log, track, and maintain outbound activity.
- Work closely with Sales Directors and attend customer meetings as required.
- Attend sales meetings, vendor training, and local trade shows to keep current with technology.
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution.
- A passion for research as well as a strong in-person, phone, and written customer communication skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to make formal and informal presentations to staff and clients.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals.
- Strong PC skills required; knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently, and be self-motivated.
- Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant accountability.
- Interested in pursuing a career in technology.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Proactive, independent thinker with high energy/positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship management skills.
What we offer:
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program
- Carrot Fertility
- Pet Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Wellness Stipend
- Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Paid Lunches (Post COVID)
Your application has been successfully submitted.