Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment!
We are looking for a driven Enterprise Sales Development Representative to join our team in one of today’s most exciting clean energy technologies! This individual should be a dynamic and experienced professional who is looking for a rewarding future in strategic enterprise sales. This is an entry-to-mid level inside sales role intended to develop a career in technology sales.
As a member of the Sales Development Team, you will excel at building quick relationships through question-based engagement skills, and are able to create differentiating value to open interest in Bloom Energy solutions. You will be responsible for outbound prospecting to target accounts to secure initial qualified meetings for the field sales team. You will be the front line for presenting Bloom to Director and VP Level Executives at prospective accounts.
Things to Consider:
- Competitive Compensation-- UNCAPPED BONUS potential and Base Salary (above market-average for base pay and commission earnings)!
- Career Advancement-- Success in this role will lead to career opportunities in other areas of the sales organization and company.
- Location-- This role is preferred to be located in San Francisco Bay Area, however, we will consider applicants currently residing in CA, Northeast, NY, NJ, MA, and/or Washington DC for REMOTE WORK.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Priorities – Work with Field Sales to identify key target accounts, profile those accounts developing detailed account research templates that assess the potential opportunity and hierarchy of each account. Proactively prospect into target accounts and meet a quota of qualified sponsor meetings.
- Metrics for Success – Must be able to make 50+ calls per/day, with strategic preparation, and deliver consistently against quota. We value a willing attitude and team-oriented mentality.
- Position Bloom – Effectively articulate the Bloom value proposition by phone, email, and potentially in person.
- Track Activities – Continuously log activities and intelligence into SalesLoft & Saleforce.com
Skills and Experience:
- Prefer demonstrated, consistent success in an outbound lead generation or inside sales role.
- Experience in prospecting and developing pipeline
- High-caliber cold calling skills are a must. You must be engaging, compelling and credible over the phone.
- Ability to digest information from corporate websites, annual reports, analyst research, etc. to decipher information meaningful to account strategy and outbound prospecting, and synthesize into concise, impactful messages.
- Desire and ability to prospect commercial products to Director, VP or CXO decision makers.
- Proven track record of achieving corporate quotas and personal goals.
- Ability to handle objections and educate prospects in a consultative manner.
- Ability to patiently and persistently build prospect relationships to cultivate latent demand.
- Ability to understand and deliver the value proposition of complex solutions.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, resourcefulness, motivation and initiative.
- Professional business acumen, strong communication skills, strong presence and confidence
- Team oriented – must possess a willingness to simultaneously accept and contribute new ideas
- Manage time well and routinely prioritize tasks by their intended impact.
- Familiarity with common office software, CRM and web 2.0 sales tools; comfortable learning new software.
- BA/BS degree, business-related preferred
- 1+ year work experience working for a commercial products, software or high tech organization
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.
Your application has been successfully submitted.