Sales Development Representative
Denver, CO, USA Remote
What You'll Do:
As a Sales Development Representative, you will support Billtrust by engaging new mid market and/or enterprise accounts through prospecting and program strategies. You’ll cultivate new opportunities with the right people at the right companies to support the Billtrust sales team in achieving our bookings targets. You will be supported by a structured onboarding process, peer and manager coaching and ongoing guidance from sales executives and field leadership. You’ll collaborate with regional sales executives, program managers and field leadership on strategies to effectively engage target accounts and convert to interested buyers. Not only is this position an opportunity to learn about the ins and outs of a mid-market and/or enterprise level buyer’s journey and the Billtrust product family, but it’s an opportunity to continue to build a foundation for a successful sales career in the technology space.
- Learn and convey Billtrust value proposition through appropriate messaging and customer stories
- Execute program strategies by following up with prospects in a timely manner to schedule meetings for the Billtrust sales executives
- Learn the Billtrust buyer’s journey, activities and entry/exit criteria to develop a holistic view of the overall pipeline
- Hone your communication skills by working with internal coaches on cold calling, personalized emailing and objection handling
- Engage prospects during your calls by demonstrating active listening skills and asking meaningful questions to gather preliminary information
- Collaborate with Billtrust sales executives on prospecting plans to engage accounts
- Hit pre-defined program conversion rates through cadence adherence and a tight feedback loop
- Participate in weekly role-playing exercises to improve conversations with different personas and verticals
- Achieve certification in pre-defined product training
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Prior experience in sales development (i.e. researching, developing a pipeline, marketing campaigns, cold calling) - 1+ years' of experience preferred (ideally in SaaS or technology)
- Ability to use a CRM (i.e. Salesforce) and research tools such as LinkedIn Navigator
- Ability to work within defined frameworks and follow up on tasks in a pre-defined time frame
- Ability to work cross-functionally, learn new approaches and provide actionable feedback to improve results
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to learn, develop, and grow
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, or another related field preferred
What You'll Get:
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Who We Are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Your application has been successfully submitted.