Mid Market Account Executive
San Francisco, CA, USA
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Account Executives on the Mid Market team will prospect, consult, and sell to U.S. based companies with 2,000 - 5,000 employees, across all industries, within a specified geographic territory spanning several states.
This is an Enterprise style sales role with a heavy focus on building out your territory, strategic thinking, and consistently executing against your territory plan over the long term. Due to the size of these companies and total addressable employee base, landing new business and small footprint deals will grow your client base, but the key to overachievement will be Landing & Expanding from single departments to company-wide deployments. With the support of a shared Account Development Representative (ADR), counterparts in Customer Success to drive successful deployments, and the strategic guidance from Management, revenue is generally sourced 30/70, inbound to self-generated pipeline.
In this role, you will learn to take full ownership over a territory, develop sales plans and strategies, and become accustomed to identifying all types of opportunities and converting them into tangible, long term pipeline and revenue.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Managing full sales cycle from discovery to negotiation, selling both transactional and multi-year 6 figure deals
- Building pipeline at prospect companies by setting meetings with HR/L&D and other Line of Business department leaders
- Land & Expand your client base by understanding current use case and identifying areas for expansion, through both individual efforts and partnering with Customer Success counterparts on Tier 1 client accounts, resulting in mid-term up-sells and up-sells at renewal
- Develop new sales tactics and outbound campaigns, while sharing results and successful aspects with your Mid Market colleagues
- Creating and delivering accurate sales forecasts through strong pipeline management
- Collaborating with the greater sales team to share best practices and innovate
We’re excited about you because you have:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant closing experience
- B2B sales experience (SaaS preferred)
- Proven prospecting and territory management experience
- Strong writing, strategic thinking, and planning skills
- Ability to adapt, learn and operate with a growth mindset
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Your application has been successfully submitted.