This job is no longer accepting applications.
Desmos is on a mission to help every student learn math and love learning math. We do that by building best-in-class math products, used by tens of millions of students and teachers around the world. Our calculators have become the widespread standard and are built into the SAT, ACT, and high-stakes exams in most states.
We are excited to launch our comprehensive middle school—and soon high school—math curriculum, which has received resoundingly positive reviews from schools, teachers, and students. This year alone, we saw an 8x increase in paid usage to more than 50,000 students—all this despite not having a conventional sales team or formal sales process.
We’re now looking for founding members of our sales team to help us reach many more students and teachers. With the support of our incredible National Coaches, you’ll be selling a product that people love (NPS > 80!) and responding to inbound interest. This role is a great fit for you if you enjoy navigating the complex world of district sales (including curriculum budgeting & purchasing), building strong relationships, and bringing the Desmos Math Curriculum into more classrooms.
Every sales success means hundreds or thousands more students will get to work with a curriculum that helps them love learning mathematics.
On your first day, you should show up ready to:
- Navigate a complex, high-volume sale with multiple stakeholders, where the end user isn’t the decision maker.
- Know and execute on the full sales process, from qualifying, demoing, overcoming objections, contracting, all the way to closing.
- Talk with teachers, math coaches, and district leaders about math!
What you’ll learn more about after you’re hired:
- Our philosophies for technology, design, pedagogy, and equity.
- The unique features of the curriculum we’re building, the results we’re seeing, and our professional learning supports that accompany that curriculum.
- How our sales process worked last year and how to replicate its success this year.
Within your first week, you’ll:
- Introduce yourself on Slack to your new coworkers!
- Meet with the National Coaches who each manage a portfolio of districts and who oversee curriculum implementation and support.
- Try out our curriculum, play with the lessons, read through testimonials, and look at data from last year.
Within your first month, you’ll:
- Join sales calls and begin taking and setting up those calls yourself!
- Begin closing sales (our average sales cycle is 90 days).
- Use our National Coaches’ wealth of knowledge about pedagogy, existing customers, and in-depth knowledge of the classroom to help you on sales calls.
- Be able to effectively communicate value propositions and know how to best position Desmos based on needs analysis.
Within your first three months, you’ll:
- Close multiple sales and share the wins with the whole team!
- Track close rate to help with projections and pipeline management.
- Share techniques & best practices with other members of the sales team.
- Share your insights with the product and curriculum teams to help us improve and better serve our users.
- Be an expert in communicating the value proposition of Desmos, and know how to best position our curriculum based on needs-analysis.
Within your first year, you’ll:
- Meet and exceed individual and team sales goals.
- Have cultivated long-standing relationships with schools/districts.
- Know our CRM (Hubspot) like the back of your hand, using it to forecast your pipeline and communicate sales performance to the leadership team.
- Have an eye on market trends and identify opportunities for growth in years to come, with a focus on building a pipeline during the school sale off-season.
- Take plenty of time off. We do our best work when we take time to recharge!
Learn more about our company and apply!
Desmos is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Furthermore, we believe that diversity leads to stronger teams, better products, and more successful companies. Come join us as we tackle the hard problems we love and build an enduring company in the process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.