Business Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Business Development Representative
Job Location: 100% Remote
Position Type: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Category: Sales & Customer Support
Compensation: Salary + Commission
About Venture Validator
Venture Validator is a market research firm designed to help startups and entrepreneurs through primary market research from a client’s target market. Our “product” is a market research report that helps startups increase their chances of success and provides insights on target market demographics, likes, dislikes, changes, and profit maximizing price point analysis, among other insights. Venture Validator is a small and growing startup that has created a great team environment with the opportunity for growth.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is a key role at Venture Validator. The BDR will connect with startups and entrepreneurs to help determine if Venture Validator is right for them. The BDR identifies new prospects and sells our product. This role will help onboard, and consults with all new clients. Building high quality relationships and ensuring a positive client experience is key. Being responsive with high touch customer service skills is a must, as this role is 100% client facing. This position is a great opportunity for someone who can work independently and hit the ground running to exceed their goals.
- Generating leads through prospecting efforts to find / source potential clients which are startups and entrepreneurs
- Reaching out to potential clients to set appointments via LinkedIn, email, and other outbound prospecting methods
- Meeting with potential clients to discover if Venture Validator would benefit their business
- Selling / closing the deal to bring on the new client
- Onboarding your new client, consulting on best practices, assisting with the launch of their project
- Project managing your client, assisting with questions and ensuring a positive client experience
- Delivering Venture Validator’s final market research report and successfully completing their project.
- The breakdown for this role is 75% sales and 25% client support.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a competitive environment with a record of success exceeding goals which may be demonstrated through previous sales work, competitive internships, excelling in collegiate sales competitions, etc.
- Experience with remote, Zoom sales and/or client facing support roles
- Experience with LinkedIn messaging and outreach
- Experience with prospecting and booking meetings
- There is no cold calling, however previous experience in it is a plus
- B2B SaaS Sales experience is a plus
- Customer Service: Ability to analyze the needs of a client and provide strategic business solutions
- Achieves/exceeds metrics to book meetings and bring in revenue
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly motivated and results-oriented
- Strong presentation, organization, multitasking, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer interaction skills
- Familiarity with remote / Zoom sales and customer service environment
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a structured and fast-paced team sales environment
Compensation + Benefits
- Base pay + 25% commission rate on all revenue generated
- On track earnings $42,000 - $59,000 in first year, with opportunity to increase further
- Commission paid bi-weekly
- Great team environment and culture of support
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “BDR Application”. In that email please attach your resume and answers to the following questions:
- What interests you / why do you want to work for a startup?
- What do you like most about sales and/or customer support?
- If you could have dinner with anyone past or present who would they be and why?
Applications that do not follow up with an email will not be considered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.