Head of Sales
San Francisco, CA, USA Remote
We’re looking for a Head of Sales to lead Monograph’s Go-to-Market team, where you’ll help build the future of how architects manage their business. Our first Head of Sales will help build Monograph’s sales engine from the ground up, create and manage the sales operations and strategies, and hire, train & develop a best-in-class sales team.
Also, our team works a 4-day (32hr) workweek 🤩.
What is Monograph?
Monograph is modernizing design professionals’ back office with a beautiful, data-driven platform to help them manage, plan, and grow their companies. Our mission is to let architects get back to doing what they love and do best—design—not finance, management, or Excel.
Why work at Monograph?
- People first: Core to the team, we believe in people first, curiosity, and empathy. You'll be our ambassador and deploy your genuine value for relationships to drive success and happiness.
- Build a company that will redefine architecture: Project management is just the beginning...we have big ambitions to help facilitate the entire design process from becoming the document source of truth to coordinating with consultants. You can shape the future of building design.
- Work with some of the best product people in the world: From working with companies like IDEO, Google X, and Figma, we’re a team of highly productive individual contributors with a strong design background.
So, what will you do at Monograph as the Head of Sales?
Lead & Contribute
- Build and lead a successful sales team responsible for exceeding revenue targets
- Assist the team with organizing leads, creating opportunities, creating sales scripts and closing deals
- Work with our CEO at a high level to develop both long term and short term sales strategies, while also being boots on the ground and selling our product to trial leads.
- You’ll be a critical member of our small Go-To-Market team, collaborating on cross-team initiatives with Growth and Success.
- Be accountable for increasing our sales pipeline and new client acquisition
Systems & Process
- Implement and maintain our sales technology stack
- Develop a sales process focused on net new logos where you’ll oversee initial prospecting, deal closing and handoff to customer success team.
- Collaborating across the GTM team, with our Director of Customer Success and Head of Growth
Reporting & Forecasting
- Develop and lead weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales objectives.
- Deliver detailed and accurate sales reports.
- Issue monthly & quarterly reporting and forecasting to the CEO
What you'll bring
- A proven track record of exceeding targets and enabling others to do the same
- SaaS & SMB sales leadership experience
- A great communicator and fluent in written and spoken English.
- An entrepreneurial mindset -- We’re an early-stage startup so we’re not just looking for someone to run a playbook, we want you to build it.
- A “roll up your sleeves” mentality and comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Agility to be able to prioritize what we can do today and what we will be able to do tomorrow.
- Startup experience
Skills that will make you successful in the role:
- Product-Led business strategy experience
- Experience with sales productivity automation software.
- Experience with Sales Hub on Hubspot.
- Experience and familiarity with running small businesses
- Architecture familiarity
What benefits can you expect? 4-day work week (32hrs), health and dental insurance, and new laptop/equipment of your choice.
Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely? This role is full-time and a fully remote position based in the United States.
What is the company culture like? Our amazing friend Lynne interviewed us about our company culture—read about it on her website Key Values.
What efforts are you making in terms of increasing diversity & inclusion within your company? With two minority founders and a new parent founder, we're focused on having a welcoming environment for all backgrounds and experiences. We actively source candidates from non-traditional backgrounds knowing that diversity in thought and education ultimately results in a better company. We also have solid work-life balance (32hrs/week), knowing that there's a lot more in your life than just your job.
Where can I learn more about the founding team? Robert our fearless CEO is a Michigan alum and spent time working at several architecture firms including SOM before founding Monograph. Formerly roommates and grads of MIT, Dixon and Moe lead the product team having spent 5 years building software for tech companies and architecture firms.
Your application has been successfully submitted.