This job is no longer accepting applications.
What You Get:
- A seat at the table: Reporting directly to the founder & VP of Sales & Marketing
- The freedom and opportunity to build & improve upon our already successful business development process
- An award-winning creative & development team
- 100% Remote work, Competitive Salary, PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision 401k
- You will inherit a business development team currently exceeding all SQL targets and KPIs
Blacksmith is a boutique web development and design agency. We pride ourselves on forging award-winning creative solutions for some popular folks you might have heard of: GE, Voss Water, Google, and many others!
We are a fast-growing, innovative agency that is at an inflection point. We are a rocket ship ready to take off, and we are looking for the right strategists to join our team.
What You’ll Do:
- You will work closely with your direct manager, the VP of Sales & Marketing, to learn the ins and outs of Blacksmith’s offering and successfully onboard into your new role. You will oversee daily Sales Development Representative activities.
- You will develop and execute on new strategies to build a strong team of Sales Development Representatives through outbound prospecting, account-based sales development and constant communication with our Account Executive team.
- You will be responsible for the Sales Development team meeting or exceeding SQL and Opportunity Creation targets. You will hire and develop team members while taking responsibility for a source of new leads that is predictable and scalable. And, you will develop a system to regularly update outbound messaging and cadences.
- You will play a critical role in scaling the sales infrastructure. At the outset, you'll be responsible for leading a team of 5+ Sales Development Reps across Canada and the US. Over the next 12-24 months, you will be adding at least 5 more members to the team for a total of 10+ direct reports.
What You’ll Bring:
- You have 3+ years of experience leading an outbound sales team with at least 5 SDRs that schedule 15-20+ meetings per SDR per month
- Prospecting skills to break into new accounts and territories
- You are an experienced hiring manager who is able to articulate what competencies and characteristics you look for when hiring and upskilling a top-notch, diverse team of SDRs
- You use a variety of data-driven productivity models combined with proactive one-on-one team member coaching to identify and address common sales prospecting challenges (e.g., low activity, poor scripting, etc.)
- You can provide a track record of your performance on the following metrics: SQLs booked and/or Opportunities Created Per SDR per month, Meeting to Opportunity Conversion Rate, Number of SDRs, and Leads by Source (MQLs vs outbound prospecting)
- You are an especially strong candidate if you can share anecdotes of how you work with sales leaders to ensure seamless partnerships between SDRs and AEs
Your application has been successfully submitted.