Sales Development Representative (Intermediate)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the Role
This role will work autonomously to develop, qualify and nurture leads in their sales pipeline. Sales development representatives (SDRs) are responsible for inbound and outbound sales prospecting. Rather than trying to close deals, their work revolves around generating and qualifying new leads—and moving them through the sales pipeline, until they’re ready to talk to our account executives.
Join an extraordinary team focused on delighting clients with a data visualization platform. Your role will be to help increase the productivity and effectiveness of the sales team by reducing friction in the sales process.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Map key stakeholders, understand prospects’ pain points, gather technical requirements, correlate business value to prospect needs and determine the likelihood of the prospect being a good fit for Dash Enterprise.
- Qualify inbound leads according to the established lead qualification process.
- Conduct lead generation activities following best practices and processes provided in the sales development playbook, and provide feedback for process improvement based on insights gathered from the field.
- Interact with prospects and generate new sales opportunities via calls, emails and social media.
- Assist in the on-boarding and on-the-job coaching (including call monitoring) to new and existing SDRs responsible for inbound and outbound lead generation engagements.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an SDR development playbook with processes and best practices such as inbound sequence, discovery pitches, call scripts, email templates and qualification tactics to ensure SDR efficiency and consistent conveyance of our current messaging.
- Continually seek knowledge on industry best practices, Plotly’s product offerings, competitive landscape, client use cases and compelling events to help perform your duties.
- Collaborate with other teams at Plotly such as Marketing when the need arises.
- 2+ years of B2B technology Sales, Sales Development or Inside Sales experience
- Great business acumen with proven success in outbound and inbound lead generation in competitive and results-driven environments
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound & outbound technologies and tools
- Demonstrated ability to articulate value propositions of the product to senior and director level executives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Understanding of the technology industry, specifically within the data visualization space
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Receptive to coaching
- Self-Driven and comfortable working autonomously
- Adaptable to change (we’re growing!)
- Enthusiastic about learning new software and an innate desire to master it
- Knowledge of data science topics or programming languages (such as Python or R)
What we can offer you
- A way to put your skills to use enabling people around the world to better understand their data and make better decisions
- Knowledge-sharing with smart, motivated colleagues and folks working at the most sophisticated companies in the world
- Flexible work hours and generous paid time off
- A promote-from-within philosophy
- Health benefits
- Company stock options
Plotly is a high-growth company that is transforming how people visualize data by helping Fortune 500 companies close the gap between Data Science and the rest of the organization. We started building our precedent-setting open-source software back in 2013, and since then we’ve received over $30M in funding, including from grants such as ScaleAI and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, to support our efforts. Plotly is primed to continue its path toward becoming the most downloaded, trusted framework for building AI, ML & data science web apps for the world’s leading companies.
At Plotly, you'll work alongside a diverse team of 50 first-class scientists, engineers, developers and builders that challenge the status quo and set the bar high. We encourage each member of our team to explore and expand their skill sets on a continuous basis, to approach every problem with curiosity and an open-mind. Together, we make it possible for people everywhere to share data, facts and information. We believe that knowledge is built through sharing and accessibility, through dialog and debate on a level playing field. Come help us democratize the data so that we can deliver knowledge.
Plotly is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
We’re looking forward to getting to know you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.