Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Meetings are the heartbeat of every company. It’s the place where we meet with colleagues and customers to generate insights, close deals and make key decisions.
But, company meetings are broken, adding drag to how we work. Teams are slow, out of sync and morale plummets with each Zoom call. Why? Because the way that we meet is no longer connected to the way that we work.
Hugo changes this with one place for teams to manage their calendar, notes and tasks. With a remote-first approach to meetings, Hugo powers teams at great companies like Adobe, Netflix and Shopify. We’re also backed by great investors - Google, Slack, Founder Collective and Entrée Capital.
Now it’s time to build out a sales team to leverage our self-serve growth and capitalize on opportunities in larger organizations.
What we’d like you to do
Your main goal is to identify high potential opportunities for Hugo and set up sales meetings for the team. Unlike others, we rely on companies already using Hugo as our primary source of warm leads. You will focus on the high potential companies amongst the thousands of signups each week, and book meetings with decision makers in those orgs.
You’ll be the dominant driver of revenue growth and a brand ambassador acting as the foundational entry-point for our customers. We're still a young team, so this is a great opportunity to learn the fundamentals of software sales and grow with our high-performing team.
In this role, you will
- Work directly with Account Executives to build pipeline and drive deals through strategic outreach to larger SMB and mid-market accounts.
- Build out a system for creating and developing lead lists, which includes researching the best prospects before reaching out.
- Source all new business meetings – you will need to experiment with various messaging, cadences and strategies to start conversations with prospective customers and maintain engagement with creative follow-up communication.
- Manage a high volume of inbound and outbound communications – a typical week will involve hundreds of emails, calls and messages.
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information into the CRM and analyze sales data and recommend new outreach strategies.
- Experiment with customer targeting, messaging and sales processes to help write the future Hugo Sales playbook.
- Exceed quarterly sales targets.
- Later, conduct qualification meetings with new customers.
What you bring to Hugo
- A hunger to be successful in SaaS B2B Sales. You may not have direct experience in a role like this but you have demonstrated hustle with a previous role, side gig or project.
- A passion for technology and are very tech-savvy – you should be familiar with common SaaS tools, and quick to pick up new ones.
- Confidence, passion and energy to captivate prospects and customers with clear communication and empathy.
- Excellent writing skills, to communicate with prospects and customers in a compelling, sophisticated way.
- General business acumen and experience to relate to customer pain points around meetings, remote work and team collaboration.
- A serious self-starter. The drive to work hard, continuously improve and identify opportunities and inefficiencies to maximize results.
- A commitment to learning, being adaptable, and flexible as the business develops and grows around you.
Why you should work with us
We’re a passionate group with diverse backgrounds, headquartered in San Francisco but distributed around the world. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but pride ourselves on being direct, uber-collaborative and an idea meritocracy - the best idea always wins, whoever it comes from.
We want you to be a part of the founding team and be able to feel pride in a few years to see the machine that you helped build, powering millions of businesses all over the world. Specifically, you’ll be helping build a sales org from the ground up – laying the tracks in front of us, with huge opportunity for your growth.
Oh, and benefits matter too. You’ll get a Macbook Pro and accessories, fully-paid medical, dental and vision, life insurance, unlimited PTO and a work-from-home allowance to get setup at home. That, and a competitive salary, commission/bonus package and generous stock options to share in the upside of what we create together.
How do I apply?
Send us an email introducing yourself, why you’re excited about Hugo and why you would be a good fit for the role. Remember to attach your resume.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meetings. Notes. Tasks. All in one place.