Meetings are the heartbeat of every company. They are where we meet with colleagues and customers to generate insights, close deals and make key decisions.
But, company meetings are broken, adding drag to how we work. Teams are slow, out of sync and morale plummets with each Zoom call. Why? Because the way that we meet is no longer connected to the way that we work.
Hugo changes this with one place for teams to manage their calendar, notes and tasks. With a remote-first approach to meetings, Hugo powers teams at great companies like Adobe, Netflix and Shopify. We’re also backed by great investors - Google, Slack, Founder Collective and Entrée Capital.
Now it’s time to build out a sales team to leverage our self-serve growth and capitalize on opportunities in larger organizations.
What we’d like you to do
As our first Account Executive, you’ll be responsible for developing relationships with decision makers at larger SMB and mid-market companies and closing new business. Your job is to educate prospects on a new way for their organizations to collaborate and run meetings, and successfully adopt Hugo.
Uniquely, we rely on existing users as a pipeline of leads. Our SDR team will support you in identifying the highest value organizations already using Hugo and book meetings with relevant decision makers. You’ll then be the dominant driver of revenue growth and a brand ambassador acting as the foundational entry-point for our customers. We're still a young team, so you will also be working with the co-founders on sales strategy, positioning, collateral and SDR management in order to build the foundation of our future sales organization.
In this role, you will:
- Turn high potential SMB and mid-market leads into high-value opportunities in partnership with SDRs.
- Own the entire deal cycle, from prospecting to demos, follow-ups, facilitating trials and closing contracts, maximizing close rates while providing a phenomenal customer experience.
- Build trusted relationships across your target organizations, listening intently to understand customer pain points, positioning Hugo as the ultimate solution and yourself as an expert on team collaboration and meeting best practice.
- Work with co-founders and marketing team to create sales material and systems to enable a successful sales process and experiment with targeting, messaging and processes to help write the future Hugo Sales playbook.
- Exceed quarterly sales targets to maximize your income with our uncapped revenue share scheme.
What you bring to Hugo
- At least 3 years of B2B sales experience with a proven track record of selling B2B SaaS to executive-level SMB and mid-market customers.
- A hunger to be successful in B2B SaaS sales, grow with us and have a desire to win. Success in this role will require significant hard work, commitment and creativity but will be hugely rewarding.
- Experience identifying and navigating multiple stakeholders across different departments and seniority levels.
- A passion for technology. You can speak knowledgeably about the B2B SaaS space and quickly pick up tools in ours and prospects’ SaaS stack.
- Confidence, passion and energy to captivate prospects and customers with clear communication, a deep sense of customer empathy, and a commitment to integrity.
- Excellent writing skills to communicate with prospects and customers in a compelling, sophisticated way.
- Strong business acumen and experience to relate to customer pain points around meetings, remote work and team collaboration. You should be comfortable being a thought leader in our space and establishing expertise in meeting best practice for prospects and customers.
Why you should work with us
We’re a passionate group with diverse backgrounds, headquartered in San Francisco but distributed around the world. We built a product to solve a problem we experienced ourselves, which has since been used by tens of thousands of professionals like us. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but pride ourselves on being direct, uber-collaborative and an idea meritocracy - the best idea always wins, whoever it comes from.
We want you to be a part of the founding team and be able to feel pride in a few years to see the machine that you helped build, powering millions of businesses all over the world. Specifically, you’ll be helping build a sales org from the ground up – laying the tracks in front of us, with huge opportunity for your growth.
Oh, and benefits matter too. You’ll get a Macbook Pro and accessories, fully-paid medical, dental and vision, life insurance, unlimited PTO and a work-from-home allowance to get setup at home. That, and a competitive salary, commission/bonus package and generous stock options to share in the upside of what we create together.
How do I apply?
Send us a quick video (Loom is best) introducing yourself and sharing your favorite B2B app or tool. Let us know why you love it, and why we should be using it with our team too. Remember to attach your resume too.
Your application has been successfully submitted.