Sales Account Executive
We’re a high-growth, bootstrapped HR-tech start-up building and selling software that helps in-house talent acquisition teams attract, hire and retain the best talent.
Right now our marketing team has dialled down some of our campaigns because they’re generating more high-quality inbound leads than we can handle (we’re not talking whitepaper downloads—we’re talking people in-market for a solution, that fit our ICP, that want a demo).
That’s why we’re looking for our next Sales Account Executive to join us.
You’ll be the second AE on our sales team.
Our first AE joined in February this year. They were $100 away from hitting a fully ramped AE’s quota in their first calendar month and exceeded quota in month two. It’s day 20 of this month and they’ve already exceeded it again.
All from qualified, high-intent, inbound leads delivered by marketing—zero outbound prospecting.
If that sounds like the kind of role that’d be attractive to you, read on.
Before we dive into the detail, here are a few things that might make you say “hell, yeah” or “hell, no”:
- We don’t mind where you’re based, but you will need to be happy to have your calendar open for demos between 9am and 5pm CST at least 4 out of 5 days per week. And you’ll need a quiet location to work from with good internet connectivity if you’re working remote.
- Right now 100% of the leads are inbound. That’s going to change at some point but right now we want to get back to scaling marketing (instead of turning it down) so you’ll have pretty much no outbound prospecting to do. That may change in the medium term, and you can choose to do your own prospecting earlier if you want to.
- You can have as much of our time as you need to help you learn the market and the product but we don’t have a dedicated VP Sales. That means you’re not going to get lots of coaching on sales best practice—you’ll be expected to invest in learning and improving yourself, and sharing what you learn with the team.
- We have a mature product, with a great product-market fit. We have a pricing strategy that we know works (no “finger in the air” guessing).
- We’re growing fast and this role is key to our growth. You’re expected to be fully ramped in a maximum of three months.
- We don’t work with one particular industry or size of organization, and we sell to all European and US time zones. You’ll be expected to quickly understand the challenges faced by all these different types of prospects and that isn’t easy.
- You’ll have a full calendar with lots to manage and we have high expectations in terms of speed and quality of follow up with prospects.
- Our HQ is in Jersey, UK but we built the company to be remote-first and have a distributed remote team across the UK and US.
What you’ll be doing
If you’re a self-starter who wants to join a high-growth business and who’s keen to make a massive impact in a sales team that’s still finding its feet, we want to hear from you. Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Managing the full sales cycle for your leads—from first outreach to signed contract. And that means demos. Lots of demos. The current record for one AE is 10 in a day.
- There’s some “SDR” work to do—following up high intent leads (e.g. people that watch our on-demand demo video, or ask a question via live chat).
- Completing RFPs and creating proposals.
- Creating product demos tailored to each client.
- Providing timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on performance by keeping our CRM system up to date.
- Documenting and sharing what you're testing and learning so that the whole team can learn from your experience.
- Contributing to team projects to develop and refine our sales process.
What you'll need to do well in this role
We're looking for people that are passionate about what we do and that can quickly understand / reverse-engineer a prospect's business, shaping the sales message to their specific requirements.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years' work experience in a closing role at a growth stage SaaS business.
- A proven track record of hitting or exceeding quota.
- Much better than average written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional listening skills and the ability to assess information quickly.
- The ability to tell compelling stories that offer valuable perspectives.
- The ability to learn fast and get up to speed with our systems and processes quickly.
- A desire and ability to perform exceptionally well in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
We expect a lot from you, but in return you’ll:
- Grow your career, fast.
- Be part of a business where Sales is respected.
- Work with people who care about quality and speed in equal measure.
- Make a meaningful, measurable contribution to the revenue number.
- Get the support you need to do a great job (MacBook Pro, the software you need, personal development budget, regular 1:1s, etc).
- Get access to senior managers across the business, whenever you want.
- Visit our office in Jersey regularly (if you’re working remote).
- Have unlimited holidays (minimum requirement of 21 days per year).
- Be able to work where and when you want (as long as you’re getting the job done).
- Get top of the line healthcare for you and your family.
- Get a meaningful equity allocation.
If the time comes that you want to move onto a new role in the future, you’ll have loads of experience and a compelling story of how you made a huge impact, in a high-growth business, in a competitive market.
We’re changing the way companies hire, and rewriting the rules of recruitment.
With our simple, intelligent software and unlimited help from our team our customers attract more ‘good fit’ candidates, select from the best, and wow their new hire from the moment they say ‘yes’.
If you’re looking for somewhere you can learn quickly, make a meaningful impact in a fast-paced business, and grow your career, you’re in the right place.
We’ll enable you to do your best work with the tools you need, support from the rest of the team, and an expectation that you’ll challenge that status quo—helping us continually improve what we do.
Your application has been successfully submitted.