Senior Site Reliability Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Republic Wireless is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to be an experienced member of our product engineering team. You will be part of a very dynamic environment where you will make a huge difference. This position will support both the development and the running of mission critical telecommunications systems. You will leverage your significant programming skills to empower our business to create and grow those systems. What about cutting edge technology? Our systems are completely Cloud based, and our infrastructure is managed like code, with automation a high priority. You'll work collaboratively with software developers. You've got to respond quickly to multiple immediate requests while improving automation.
This role will initially be remote due to COVID-19 however, once it is safe to do so you must be able to physically work in our office in Raleigh, NC.
- Support production systems in a 24/7 environment.
- Support development systems during normal office hours.
- Take turns in rotating on-call shifts.
- Develop automation to create and maintain systems.
- Manage access to systems.
- Design and develop software tools for system management, monitoring, analysis, etc
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or related fields
- 2 to 4+ years experience
- Bash, Git, iptables, tcpdump, Linux, AWS (Amazon Web Services), OSI layer 4+
- Programming: Bash Scripting, Ruby/Python or similar
- Source Control: git
- Build: Jenkins
- Security: iptables, cloudpassage
- Network: tcpdump, ngrep, wireshark
- Systems: Linux: CentOS, AWS, Ubuntu
- Cloud: AWS, SoftLayer
- Monitoring: InfluxDB, Splunk, collectd, Telegraf
- Configuration: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation
- AWS Services: S3, DynamoDB, RDS, Route53, VPC, SWF, SQS, etc.
- Other Services: RabbitMQ, Riak
- Expert System Administration skills
- Intermediate Development skills
- Ability to work in a team environment closely with developers
Your application has been successfully submitted.