Senior Software Engineer
Republic Wireless is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to help build our next generation of software and services. In response to COVID-19 this role will start out in a remote fashion with the eventual goal to have the position working from the Raleigh-Durham area once it is safe to resume office work.
This role involves developing Java web applications with Amazon Web Services that power our backend systems. We build APIs, internal applications, integrate with 3rd party providers (for things like billing, logistics, customer service) and own a data warehouse.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a Sr. Software Engineer in a fast paced environment that has a strong emphasis on team culture. In addition to technical skills, the candidate will need to work closely with team members across the business in order to develop innovative solutions which grow the brand.
- Must be able to work in close coordination with other engineers to implement new software solutions.
- Analyze requirements and specifications to determine the feasibility of proposed projects and solutions, to include risk assessment of current production systems, and project estimation.
- Participate in the team’s software development process.
- Develop unit and functional/integration tests.
- Support production deployments of developed solutions and ongoing production support via an on call rotation.
- Mentor other developers to help them grow to be senior engineers.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Document solutions for team members and end users.
- Have a strong interest in researching best practices in software development, and demonstrate the ability to share new knowledge with the team.
- Strong software design skills with a deep understanding of object oriented programming fundamentals and design patterns.
- Strong experience with relational database systems.
- Proficient in developing RESTful APIs.
- Excellent technical problem solving and debugging skills with asynchronous systems.
- Strong self-motivation and willingness to tackle challenging problems.
- Ability to multitask, work and communicate in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to provide technical mentorship in a team environment.
Our stack is a JEE application tightly coupled with Amazon Web Services products and features. The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- 4+ years of current Java experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on development with MySQL, PostGres or similar.
- 3+ years producing and consuming RESTful web service APIs.
- Experience developing asynchronous applications ideally with Amazon SWF, or similar technologies.
- Experience with interpreted languages such as Python or Perl.
- Experience with test frameworks and patterns using JUnit and mock objects.
- Developing in a Linux/Unix environment using Git (or similar versioning systems) for source control.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, RDS, SWF, SQS, Cloudformation) is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Redshift is a plus.
- Experience with AngularJS/typescript is a plus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.