Site Reliability Engineer Intern
If you are a current student looking for an opportunity with a company you can grow with…look no further! We are seeking part-time remote interns for the 2020-2021 school year and summer to join our Product Engineering team. We are interested in students who have at least completed their sophomore year of college within computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline with professional/intern experience. Knowledge of various programming and database/network technologies, with a particular emphasis on Python are strongly preferred. This paid internship will start at a minimum of 15 hours per week with room to grow into a full time role during extended breaks or after graduation.
As an intern with Republic Wireless, you will have the opportunity to work with top engineers in the industry on cutting edge technologies including Java, Android, REST APIs, networking, telecommunication, cloud services, and Python. This is a small team with a large variety of responsibilities, so you may engage in a large breadth of topics. Take a look at our products at https://relaygo.com/ and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.republicwireless.tel
Republic Wireless is reinventing the telecom industry, and now you have the opportunity to learn and grow with us. Take the next step in your career and apply!
- Work in close coordination with other engineers in complex environments on a combination of the following: implement tools to enable teams to go faster, contribute directly to product functionality, and triage and resolve issues.
- Analyze requirements to determine the feasibility and architecture of proposed projects and solutions, including risk assessment and simple project estimation.
- Participate in the team’s software development process and tooling.
- Develop new automation strategies for sophisticated and growing distributed systems.
- Have a strong interest in researching best practices in software development, and sharing new knowledge with the team.
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science or equivalent course of study.
- 1+ years of development experience in Python. Ansible experience is a plus, but not required.
- Strong development skills including knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP) fundamentals and design patterns.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and have empathy for others.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to tackle challenging problems, and hungry to learn.
- Care deeply about quality and the customer experience. Build elegant and simple solutions.
- Adaptable to change, can operate independently and with initiative.
- Evaluate ideas based on merit, and consistently work to generate customer value.
Your application has been successfully submitted.