Technical Support Specialist
Do you enjoy problem solving? Is providing first class customer service in a technology based company up your alley? As a Technical Support Specialist, you’ll handle some of the most challenging customer issues at Republic Wireless and we don't take that responsibility lightly! We focus on every stage of the member journey from activation to cancellation. As a Technical Support Specialist it will be your job to analyze current processes, identify/create new solutions to provide high-quality support, and establish long-term customer and partner relationships.
Role will initially be remote due to COVID-19.
In the role of a successful Technical Support Specialist you will:
- Responsible for managing various stages of the member journey from activation to cancellation including the execution and continuous improvement of various customer facing initiatives
- Utilize available data as well as create and administer surveys to determine trends and identify areas of improvement
- Continuously expand knowledge to problem solve and isolate varying degrees of challenging issues
- Cooperatively interact and engage with multiple internal and external teams to create efficiencies, optimize the member experience, and proactively address the members needs
- Analyze ticket and escalation trends to identify, present and resolve documentation and training deficiencies as well as drive process improvements
- Provide white glove support on Republic Wireless products to partners and members via email, chat, phone and/or remote access by providing excellent verbal and written customer communications while clearly summarizing, notating and researching within the CRM system
- Demonstrate a high capacity to learn and apply new knowledge
- Be a subject matter expert in multiple technical and non-technical areas to provide support to partners and members
- Develop an understanding of the complete feature set and operation of Republic Wireless services including but not limited to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) products, Session Internet Protocol (SIP), call and messaging flows
- Responsible for creating, flagging, and modifying Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) articles for both internal and external viewing
- Identify, research, and escalate chronic or intermittent issues to Engineering support or Management
- Troubleshoot mobile operating systems, cellular networks as well as wireless ethernet based networks
- Participate in a rotating after hours on call schedule for high priority escalations as needed
- Assist in creating continuous training content and blog posts for partner agents
- Associate’s degree, technical certifications, or higher educational attainment
- 2+ years of customer service and/or tech support experience
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Positive attitude, compassion for others, and an intrinsic passion for creative problem solving
- Strong analytical and prioritization skills used to drive KPI improvements and assist in decision making
- Ability to be adaptable and work well in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Be willing and able to support members and partners through all contact methods including but not limited to phone, email, chat, video conferences and in person
- Strong aptitude in ticketing and customer management systems such as Zendesk, etc.
- Experience developing surveys and analyzing results
- Strong technical aptitude
- Possess a working knowledge of Android OS
- Working knowledge or experience with wireless products and services
- Familiarity with the Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) methodology
Your application has been successfully submitted.